Good morning, friends! Today I’d like to introduce you to my latest breakfast obsession, stovetop oatmeal. You might be thinking, what’s so great about oats that are cooked on the stove? Well, it can easily transform your boring microwaved cooked, watery oats into a creamy, smooth bowl of goodness!
This recipe is so easy to prepare, I’ll cook it in between getting ready for the morning. My routine goes a little something like this: I’ll shower, follow steps 1-3 and simmer, then put on my makeup, stir the oats, do my hair, stir the oats again and then eat breakfast! Multitasking at it’s finest!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax (I prefer golden flaxseed meal)
- 2 tbsp raisins
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Add the unsweetened almond milk into a small saucepan and set the heat to medium-high.
- While the nut milk is warming up, mash the banana (I mash it directly in the bowl that I'll be eating my oatmeal out of to make for easier clean up).
- When the almond milk comes to a boil, add the mashed banana, oats, ground flax, raisins, cinnamon and vanilla extra and immediately turn to low.
- Stir occasionally until the oatmeal reaches your desired consistency, approximately 5-10 minutes (depending on your preference) and remove from the stove to serve.